A. J. Clarke and Associates Ltd. is proud to provide a flexible and rewarding work environment.
Position: Civil Engineer
Competition ID: 2022AJC-CivilEngineer
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
The Engineering Team at A. J. Clarke and Associates offers services and expertise to private and government sector clients throughout the Hamilton, Halton, and Niagara regions and beyond. A.J. Clarke is a division of TULLOCH Engineering which is a progressive consulting firm with over 400 Professionals working from 16 offices across Canada providing engineering, land surveying, environmental, and mapping services. A.J. Clarke’s focus, since inception in 1960, is on attracting private land development clients and builders and providing Civil (municipal) Engineering, Professional Planning and Survey services.
Our Engineering division is seeking a Civil Engineer to join our team. Projects will vary from individual lot severances to site plan developments, municipal engineering projects and larger scale plans for subdivisions. This is a permanent full-time position to begin as soon as the successful candidate is found.
Working under the supervision of an Engineering Project Manager, the primary responsibility will be to assist the Project Manager in all aspects of project delivery, particularly focused on completion of the final engineering drawings and reports, as follows:
- Complete final engineering drawings and reports for subdivisions, site plans and severances, for review by the engineer and for submission to approval authorities.
- Complete detailed design calculations for servicing and grading plans under the direction of the engineering project manager including: sewer sizing, road profile design, lot and site grading, stormwater calculations for attenuation and conveyance, layout of the SWM facilities, cut/fill analysis from existing to proposed surfaces, watermain sizing calculations, fire-flow assessments, and wastewater – water generation assessments.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years experience working in the field of municipal land development.
- Eng. preferred, but not required with adequate design experience.
- Experience in AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Extensive knowledge of municipal design standards for site-plan and subdivision developments
- Understanding the approvals framework for municipal land development projects.
- Familiarity with stormwater management products such as MIDUSS, PCSWMM, HEC-RAS.
- Solid understanding of civil engineering design concepts and principles.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks at once in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Please submit your application online at www.tulloch.ca. Thank you to all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates shortlisted for the position will be contacted. Please indicate your legal eligibility to work in Canada in your application.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternate format, may email a request to Human Resources.
“Proud of our Treasured Past – Building a Sustainable Future.”